Friday, April 2, 2010

Don Germain 04-02-35 to 09-15-03 (age 68)

Cowboy Changes
Words M. St. Germain 2005 Music Traditional

Since this is my Dad's birthday, I thought it would be good to post this. Every word is true!

I've often wished time would slow down to a walk.
So me and my conscience could have a long talk.
But I've raced to the finish in life's crazy game.
Seeking this cowboy's fortune and fame.

I've left all my lovers and family behind.
I've broke so many hearts, time after time.

What have I won what have I gained.
Death leaves all men the same.
Now this cancer has gotten into my brain.
But I thank the Good Lord, I'm feeling no pain.
I have plenty to eat, and good water to drink.
But there's nothing to do, just lie here and think

Now that time has slowed down to a walk.
Me and my conscience must have a long talk.

Yes all of my life I've been independent and free.
Now my children have come to take care of me.
And my grandson too, a fine young man.
With his mother's help I'm able to stand.

But I've accepted the truth, and with every breath.
I praise God I have no fear of death.
The trophies I've gained the titles I've won.
Cannot compare to the gift of God's Son.

With the time I have left, I'll make peace with my brothers.
And get to know my sons and daughters.

Now that time has slowed down to a walk.
Me and my conscience must have a long talk.

Now they've moved me into the hospice room.
But I have an angel that keeps out the gloom.
Patricia's her name, she was sent from heaven.
She stays by my side 24/7.

It's a mystery to all why her love is so fair.
I've left her for others but she didn't care.
Patricia my angel, I was so blind.
Is it too late to claim you, forever as mine?

Sit here beside me, hold my one good hand.
Soon we'll all be together, in that promise land.

Now that time has slowed down to a walk.
Me and my conscience must have a long talk.

Great song. Have to record it someday. Worth millions and millions!




No comments: